This example of a rural high school is located in the village of Blooming Glen, Hilltown Township. It serviced the local farming families until the Pennridge School District was established in 1952. Students could only complete grades 9 and 10 at this school. Students had to finish their final two years of high school by attending schools in Doylestown, Lansdale, Souderton or Sellersville- Perkasie (Sell-Perk H.S.).
The building was originally built as a small chapel. Then it converted into a school. It was used as a high school for several decades. After it was retired as a school building in the early 1960's it served as the Hilltown Township Municipal Building until 1989.